Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The darkest hour...

Things are better today. Two people reviewed and really liked my latest offering. Which is just as well, because I really feel I've polished this pretty thoroughly. There's always more that can be done. There's one scene that's funny, but probably doesn't serve much purpose. One person's already picked up on that. I pitched it this morning on Shooting People and that has already generated some interest.

I'm putting in a story for consideration for a public reading to take place in a crypt on Halloween. This was a bit of an issue, as I don't really do creepy, so I've had that washing around my brain for a while, but I came up with an idea while walking the dogs in the rain today. Astonishingly the idea has nothing to do with either rain or dogs. I came home and put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and wrote a few hundred words. It's a start and now I'm cooking.

Fun teaching today too. I generally have a laugh with most of the kids I teach - they're a really nice bunch, but today was lovely. I felt they really enjoyed their lessons. My year 10 had to make up excuses in French for not giving in their homework. I read them out and we voted for the best. It read "On m'a mis sur un bateau et envoye en Afrique" or, loosely, "I was put on a boat and sent to Africa". My personal favourite though, was "Ma mere les a mange" or "My mum ate them". Good fun.

North Korea, eh? What's the world coming to? Sorry - that's your lot. I'm not up to a rant. I'm feeling too mellow. How quickly things change!

No comments: