Monday, October 16, 2006

Brown Dog Films




Right, this is it. I've been talking about setting up a website and hawking my wares, and today's the day.

Brown Dog Films will hit the web today. (Well, it will if I can find my way through the set-up instructions, which is by no means a foregone conclusion.) I've got to contact the photographer who recently did some studio shots for us to see if he'll let me use one of the images of our gorgeous Viszla, Nina, to be my logo. Either tht or I'll have to chase her around to try and get a good shot of her. She's very, very timid and shy, and clearly believes that a camera is an offensive weapon. It would also be nice to have a pic of me, but that's trickier... I've edited out practically every photo taken of me over the last decade. The one illustrating my blog is, I think, the only one that survived the cut.

Not sure what should go up on the site once it's live. CV, obviously. Short bio. Loglines for my work or whole scripts? Just scripts or other work too? Short stories? Sample chapters of novels? Anyone with any expertise who wishes to give me the benefit of such, don't hold back now!

I'll get back you later and let you know how I'm getting on.

3 comments:

Cathy Fielding said...

There already is a "Brown Dog Films" on the internet. It is a person who does photography.

Thought you'd want to know.

Frankie C. said...

Yes, I saw that. I'm not too worried as I've bought .co.uk, and my brown dog's prettier than his!

Now I've got to work out how to set it up. All the instructions look like Greek to me. Luckily I have a friend who does web design.

Cathy Fielding said...

I'll look forward to seeing your site. Let us all know when it's up!